WE SET HIGH STANDARDS FOR OURSELVES
AND WE EXPECT THE SAME FROM OUR SUPPLIERS
We do business with hundreds of different partners and buyers, and we expect all of those transactions to be conducted with professionalism, fairness, and a commitment to the environment. We have many policies and agreements to spell out the details, but it really boils down to the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Menasha Packaging subscribes to the principles and standards of ethical supply management conduct set forth by the Institute of Supply Management (ISM). This means that buyers are instructed to adhere to sound business ethics in all negotiations, acting in the best interests of Menasha Packaging. We promote fairness to suppliers through practices such as:
- Giving all salespersons a fair, prompt, and courteous hearing on any subject that is justified by the nature of their products or services
- Keeping competition open and fair
- Keeping buying specifications fair and clear
- Showing consideration to our suppliers and cooperating with them to the fullest extent possible
- Not soliciting quotes from a potential supplier unless willing to use that supplier should the offer be acceptable in quality, price, delivery terms, and service
- Keeping prices confidential and not divulging those prices to competitors
We also recognize the value of supplier diversity and are committed to developing, encouraging, and supporting diversity in the workplace and the communities in which we live and work. We embrace the minority- and women-owned businesses we partner with in the mutual goal of delivering superior quality and service to our customers while assuring future growth for both parties.
Another important aspect of our relationship with suppliers is their commitment to sustainability in our manufacturing operations. We recognize the impact we can have by fostering a culture of social responsibility and environmental stewardship within our supply chain.
It is the responsibility of our buyers to identify and provide opportunities to suppliers who have a history of transparency in their operations with regard to environmental sustainability. Specifically, we are looking for suppliers who will help us reduce our carbon footprint and produce more environmentally sustainable packaging products.
Click here for more information on sustainability.